Full-time Faculty Position
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics invites applications for full-time faculty positions at all ranks to commence in the 2021-2022 Fall Semester. Qualified candidates in all areas related with molecular biology and genetics such as biochemistry, population genetics, plant genetics and developmental biology are encouraged to apply.
About Bahçeşehir University
Bahçeşehir University (BAU) is a member of BAU Global Network (bauglobal.com) a Turkish world brand operating in 3 continents,6 universities 5 language schools, 1 training center, 4 colleges. BAU has campuses and academic centers in Berlin, Toronto, Washington DC, Hong Kong, Rome and Silicon Valley. Located in Beşiktaş, at the heart of Istanbul, on a beautiful campus by the Bosphorus, BAU offers undergraduate, master degree and doctorate programs in the fields of administration, architecture and design, education, engineering, health sciences, information technologies, law and medicine. BAU has been increasingly successful in publishing in well-known international journals and obtaining external research grants, and aims to become a world-class research university with a focus on industrial and international partnerships. For more information please visit the BAU
About the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Located in Beşiktaş, the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences is home to twelve departments offering undergraduate programs in Artificial Intelligence Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Mathematics, Mechatronics Engineering, Molecular Biology and Genetics, and Software Engineering.
About the Department
The Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics offers a B.S. degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics and M.S. and PhD degrees in Bioengineering.
Candidates must have PhD degrees in related fields, demonstrate strong potential to publish in well-known journals, lead funded research projects, and possess creative and effective teaching skills at undergraduate and graduate levels. English fluency is required and international academic experience is highly desired.
- The candidate is expected to actively contribute to teaching, research and service.
- Teaching load will include at least 3 course of undergraduate ann/or graduate per semester, supervising student capstone projects and graduate theses.
- Other responsibilities include curriculum assessment and development, and developing innovative practices in teaching.
- The candidate is expected to develop a strong research agenda and supervise graduate students.
- It is also expected that the candidate will apply for grants to national and international agencies.
- The candidate is expected to work actively in support of academic and administrative processes.
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to the department head, Cemalettin Bekpen, firstname.lastname@example.org and include
- Updated CV
- A Teaching Statement
- A Research Stataement
- Names and Contact information for at least three references.